NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. General Definition: 101-THE ONE (the “Station”) offers contests for it’s listeners. There is NO purchase necessary to participate in this contest. By participating in contests you agree to be bound by these official rules.
2. Eligibility: Contestants must be legal residents of the United States who are 18-years-of age or older at the time of entry with a HOME mailing address within the Burlington-Plattsburg DMA (as defined by Neilson), which includes the following counties in Vermont, New Hampshire and New York: Addison, VT – Caledonia, VT – Chittenden, VT – Essex, VT – Franklin, VT – Grand Isle, VT – Lamoille, VT – Orange, VT – Orleans, VT – Rutland, VT – Washington, VT – Windsor, VT – Grafton, NH – Sullivan, NH – Clinton, NY – Essex, NY – Franklin, NY. Excluded individuals: The management, staff, full or part-time employees of the Radio Vermont Group of stations, along with their immediate family members, are ineligible to participate or win. All of the participating contest sponsors, their employees, and their immediate family members are also ineligible. Employees of any radio station in the defined area are ineligible to participate. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law. One entry per person.
3. Winner List: To obtain a copy of the winner list following completion of the contest, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “Winner List” to 101-THE ONE, 9 Stowe Street – P.O. Box 550 – Waterbury, VT 05676. A copy of the list of winners (when complete) will also be available during regular business hours at the studio of 101-THE ONE – 9 Stowe Street – Waterbury, VT 05676. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the contest.
5. Winner Notification: If a potential winner(s) cannot be contacted, fails to complete, sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility and release, publicity release, and/or guest/traveling companion release within the required time period, the potential winner(s) will be declared ineligible and will forfeit the prize.
6. Eligibility Review: Once the name of a potential winner has been drawn or contacted, Station personnel will make a good faith effort to ensure that the potential winner fully meets the stated eligibility requirements. Should it be necessary to disqualify the potential winner, a new drawing or call-in period will be conducted to identify a new potential winner. This process will continue until Station personnel believe that the potential winner is ELIGIBLE to win the contest prize. Decisions of Station personnel with respect to eligibility and all other aspects of the contest are final.
7. Prizes and Odds of Winning: All federal, state, and local taxes and all other costs or expenses associated with prize acceptance or use of a prize not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible participants or entries received.
Contestants must be listening to 101-THE ONE in order to WIN.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. Other restrictions may apply.
Unless otherwise specified in the prize notification, all prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. The winner(s) will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Prize or prize certificates will not be mailed to the winner(s) without the winner’s or winners’ prior written consent in which the winner(s) shall agree to assume its risk of loss. The Station, its sponsor(s), or promotional partner(s) are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
a.Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
b.Participating in the contest and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Station or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the contest or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, the Station may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return to the Station any required release.
c.Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the contest, the Station in its sole discretion may require verification of contest winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification. By participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the Station, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. The Station may also require eligible contest winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return to the Station any required release.
d.The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this contest if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the contest, the operation of the Station’s website, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the contest, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest as determined by the Station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Station reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
e.The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a contest prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Station’s control.
f.To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the contest, you understand and agree that:
i.any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action;
ii.if the parties are unable to resolve their dispute amicably, it shall be resolved by means of binding arbitration (not in a court of law);
iii.any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrants or winners be permitted to obtain awards for attorneys’ fees, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other form of damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and
iv.any claim or dispute regarding the contest or these Official Rules will be resolved pursuant to the laws of Vermont, without regard to conflict of law principles, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts within Vermont and waive all objections to the jurisdiction or venue of such courts.
g.The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein.